About Richmond College Prep Schools
Richmond College Prep Schools K-7 is located in the Santa Fe/Coronado neighborhoods of Richmond, CA. We serve students in the immediate community, as well as students living in the Iron Triangle and surrounding areas. In August 2018, Richmond College Prep Middle School will expand to serve students in 6th-8th grade.
We were founded in 2004 as a Montessori preschool program and began with 20 students. We have since grown into two programs: a preschool and a charter elementary and middle school that serves approximately 535 children.
The charter elementary school has students in transitional kindergarten through eighth grade. Below is some information on our student population from the 2017-18 school year:
- 70% Latino
- 27% African American
- 3% Asian/ Pacific Islander/Mixed Race
- 88% of our students qualify for free/ reduced lunch
- 48% of our students are English Language Learners
- 8% of our students receive Special Education services
Our teachers, administrators, and staff are dedicated to the academic success and social-emotional well being of all of our students. Students are exposed to a rigorous academic curriculum, as well as mindful awareness practices. Richmond College Prep Schools has a history of academic success and continues to work towards excellence. Below are some of our academic results:
2014-15 Smarter Balanced Assessment Results:
- Recognized by Innovative Public Schools as a Top-Performing Bay Area Public School for
Low-Income Latino Students in both ELA and Math.
- Top performing public school in the city of Richmond in both ELA and Math.
2013-14 CA Title I Achievement Award School
API Scores under the CA STAR Test:
- In 2013, RCP achieved an API score of 828. The school experienced a 73-point gain in API from 2011 to 2013.
- The preschool day is from 8 am to 11:30am and 12:30pm to 4:00pm.
- The TK- kindergarten and first grade day is 8 am to 3 pm.
- The school day for 2nd-7th grade students is 8:15 am until 3:00 pm.
- Student may enroll in the after-school program 3:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Breakfast is served every morning at 7:30 for TK-6th grade
- The extended school year runs for 44 weeks.
To close the achievement gap, by eliminating the inequalities of education in the Iron Triangle and Richmond at large.
To change our community through education, by providing preschool and elementary school academic services, resulting in grade appropriate achievement, cultural enrichment, and strong moral character.
School Wide Expectations and Core Values
At Richmond College Prep, we…
- Use Respect
- Use Kind Words
- Use Self Control
- Use Good Judgment
- Use Our “Tools”
Perseverance. Respect. Integrity. Determination. Empathy.