About Richmond College Prep Schools:
We are a high performing charter school in Richmond. We started with a preschool in 2004, and we now serve students in preschool, as well as students in TK through 8th grades. We’re currently looking for teachers who love middle school age students, and who are eager to help our school leaders create an enriching, rigorous and culturally responsive program for our middle school students. For more information about RCP, please visit our website: http://www.rcpschools.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement lesson plans and instructional activities in ELA and Social Studies that are aligned to the California Common Core State Standards and that are relevant to the cultures of our students.
- Create a warm and age-appropriate classroom culture for middle school students that fosters strong learning and strong social-emotional relationships.
- Evaluate academic, behavioral, and socio-emotional growth of middle school students, and keep appropriate and accurate records.
- Implement IEPs for students receiving Special Education services, and participate in Student Success Team meetings for students who need additional academic or behavioral supports.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families. Hold conferences to discuss individual student progress.
- Collaborate with grade-level partner, other staff members, and the school administration to improve instructional practices and to develop and implement data-driven plans to best support the needs of students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided by the school. Create individual professional growth goals and work to meet these goals throughout the course of the school year.
- Collaborate with and support an instructional aide on a daily basis in the classroom.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Richmond College Prep.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must be excited about working with middle school age students
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Single-Subject teaching credential with English Language Learner (ELL) authorization
- Prior middle school classroom teaching experience is highly preferred
- Salary compensation is competitive to nearby districts
- Health and Dental Coverage
- One hour of prep and one hour of lunch each day
- Each teacher has an Instructional Aide to support with daily instruction
- You will be a part of a nurturing school family