About Richmond College Prep Schools:
Richmond College Prep (RCP) is a K-8 charter school serving children in Richmond and the surrounding neighborhoods. Our vision is to close the achievement gap, by eliminating the inequalities of education in Richmond, Coronado, and Santa Fe neighborhoods. Academic excellence, strong moral character, and cultural enrichment are the core values of our school. RCP has ranked the #1 school in Richmond many years in a row.
We are currently seeking highly motivated credentialed teachers to join the RCP team as a Lower Elementary teacher. Each teacher is provided with daily prep time, a full-time instructional aide to support in the classroom, and a $1,500 signing bonus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement lesson plans and instructional activities in ELA and Social Studies that are aligned to the California Common Core State Standards and that are relevant to the cultures of our students.
- Create a warm and age-appropriate classroom culture for middle school students that fosters strong learning and strong social-emotional relationships.
- Evaluate academic, behavioral, and socio-emotional growth of middle school students, and keep appropriate and accurate records.
- Implement IEPs for students receiving Special Education services, and participate in Student Success Team meetings for students who need additional academic or behavioral supports.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families. Hold conferences to discuss individual student progress.
- Collaborate with grade-level partner, other staff members, and the school administration to improve instructional practices and to develop and implement data-driven plans to best support the needs of students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided by the school. Create individual professional growth goals and work to meet these goals throughout the course of the school year.
- Collaborate with and support an Instructional Assistant on a daily basis in the classroom.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Richmond College Prep.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must be excited about working with school age students
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Multiple-Subject teaching credential with English Language Learner (ELL) authorization
- Prior classroom teaching experience is highly preferred
- Salary compensation is competitive to nearby districts
- A $1,500 signing bonus
- One hour of prep and one hour of lunch each day
- Each teacher has an Instructional Aide to support with daily instruction
- You will be a part of a nurturing school family