Kindergarten Lottery for School Term 2017-18, Tuesday, January 10, 2017 in the Library
( This lottery is for RCP enrolled families only)
Dear Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten Parent(s):
In compliance with the California Department of Education, and in accordance to the RCP Charter Petition approved by the W.C.C.U.S.D. on July 25, 2005, every charter school must hold a lottery when there are more students in Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten than spaces are available in Kindergarten.
All currently enrolled Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten students are eligible for the Lottery. The only exceptions are as follows:
- Students who will turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2, 2017. These students will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten at RCP.
- Students whose parent(s) inform the school in writing before Jan. 6th that their student(s) will not be returning to RCP for the 2017-18 school year.
Therefore, students excluded from the narrative attached, will go to the random lottery that will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 10th at 4:00pm in the Library.
Space is limited so it would be appreciated if parents could limit the number attending the lottery. Good luck and thank you for your cooperation. If you are not able to attend the Tuesday, January 10, 2017 Lottery in the Library, please send a relative who is 18 years of age or older.
Charter Petition for Richmond College Prep K-6 Charter School
Any child in the State of California is eligible to attend RCP. However, preference will be given to the following groups, in the order specified, if the number of students requesting admission by June 15th exceeds the number of spaces available for admission in the fall:
- Children attending our pre-school will have preference for kindergarden at RCP
- Children living in the Santa Fe or Coronado neighborhoods
- Siblings of children already enrolled in RCP
- Children in WCCUSD’s jurisdiction
Once these preferences have been taken into account, we will use a public random lottery by June 30th to select new enrollees if eligible applicants exceed our school’s capacity.
We will follow this same schedule each subsequent year, beginning to register kindergarten students in April, and requiring students in all other grades to apply by June 15.
RCP will be non-sectarian in our programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other procedures.
We will not charge tuition or discriminate against any student based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, or educational achievement level.