Our hope is that we will begin the 2017-2018 school year with a new library for every classroom. We want every child to have access to interesting books that connect to our students’ diverse cultural backgrounds and varying interests. We are working with an organization that will select books that are tailored to our community. The cost of a full library for every classroom will be around $75,000 in total. While we plan to use some of our reserved money, we still need your help. By donating to our cause, you are supporting our efforts to create life-long readers.
Anything helps and everything is appreciated!
Examples of what your donation may help fund:
- $5 = will contribute towards purchasing one high-interest book
- $15 = two high-interest books
- $25 = three high-interest books
- $50 = the March comic-book series by John Lewis
- $100 = 10-book high-interest series
- $500 = an entire Historical Fiction set for one class
- $2,500 = the entire Fiction or Nonfiction genres of one classroom library
- $5,000 = an entire library for one classroom
- $10,000= an entire library for one grade level (two classrooms)
OR DONATE CASH TO AN RCP CLASSROOM!