May 2017 – Monthly Announcements
- Friday Coffee Club: Friday, May 5th, 12th, 19st, and 26th from 8:30 – 10:30 am in the Charter Cafeteria
- SSC Meeting: Wednesday, May 24th from 5:00-6:00 pm in the Library
- Saturday School: Saturday, May 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th from 9:00-1:00 pm, 1st through 6th grades
- SBAC Testing: Monday, May 1st through Friday, May 12th
- End of Year Festival: Friday, May 26th from 2:00-5:30 pm.
- RCP’s Book Campaign: Donate cash to a classroom jar or visit: www.GOFUNDME.COM/rcpbooks
On behalf of our entire school community I want to say congratulations to you and your kids! Our school was chosen by Educational Results Partnership (ERP) and the Campaign for Business and Education Excellence (CBEE) as a 2016 California Honor Roll recipient!
The California Honor Roll is part of a national effort known for its extensive and rigorous analysis of student achievement in public schools. Our school stood above other schools in the state because of our success in getting students to grade level achievement and beyond.
Help us prepare Richmond College Prep students to become life-long readers!!
RCP is currently a TK through 6th grade, Title I charter school located in Richmond, California and will be expanding to 7th and 8th grade over the next two years. Historically, we have experienced great academic success from our hardworking scholars, and our goal is to continue this success, but we need your help!
Next year, Richmond College Prep will be launching an engaging reading program called Reader's Workshop. While using the Reader's Workshop model, teachers will create a reading environment that encourages students to be active, lifelong, critical thinkers and readers. In order for our students to truly be successful, every class must have a complete library with leveled, high-interest books.
We want to give a huge congratulations to all of our students that competed this past weekend at the Grappling Arts Challenge in Santa Clara! It was the first tournament of the year and the first tournament for a lot of our kids in the program.
Congratulations to Hezekiah (6th grade), Marisol and Leonardo for winning gold medals in their division! Ariana (5th grade), Ashley (4th grade), Lamaya (4th grade), Melanie and Ke'Vauri (3rd grade) all tried their very best and had a great experience. We also want to give a huge congratulations to Jesus (2nd grade) who performed well as he had five tough matches taking home a silver medal!
Ed Fund Announces 2017 Teaching Excellence Awardees
FOR IMMEDIATE USE: –
The five Ed Fund 2017 Teaching Excellence Awardees were announced Friday, February 3rd during surprise visits to the winners’ classrooms by administrators, colleagues, trustees, parents, and family members who presented them with banners and flowers in front of their students.
February 2017 – Monthly Announcements
- Black History Month Performance: Thursday, February 16th from 6:00- 7:00 pm at Nystrom Auditorium
- Winter Break: February 20th – 24th
- Friday Coffee Club: February 10th and 17th from 8:30 – 10:30 am
- Parent Group: Tuesday, February 9th from 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- SSC Meeting: Wednesday, February 15th from 5-6 pm in the library
- Parent Food Sale: Wednesday, February 15th from 3:00 – 4:00 pm