Please join us this week in the Maritime Library for our annual Scholastic Bookfair.
Hours: 3pm - 4:30pm
Friday November 4th is the Multicultural Festival at RCP.
Starting at 2pm. Games, Jumpers, International Foods, Photo Booths and More!
November 2016 – Monthly Announcements
- November is Native American Heritage Month
- Scholastic Book Fair: October 31st – November 4th
- Multicultural Festival: Friday, November 4th
- Veterans Day; No School: November 11th
- Parent/SSC Meeting: Wednesday, November 16th from 5-6 pm in the library
- All School Assembly: Wednesday, November 30th at 2:15 pm
- Thanksgiving; No School: November 23rd – November 25th
On Wednesday, during our schoolwide assembly, students and parents witnessed RCP students receive "Perfect Score Awards". These students earned perfect scores in Mathematics, Language Arts or both on the Smarter Balanced Test.
Ms. Vogt's 4th grade class was visited by Eddie Sanahy, a local high school artist, and former RCP student. Eddie shared his graffiti and artwork. He also helped the 4th graders create their own murals and think about what makes an artist, using our cultural heritage when expressing ourselves.
October 2016 – Monthly Announcements
- Parent Teacher Conferences (No School): Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Parent/SSC Meeting: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 from 5-6 pm in the library.
- School Assembly: Friday, October 21, 2016 at 2:15 pm.
- Mix It Up: Monday, October 24, 2016.
- Multicultural Festival: DATE CHANGE: Friday November 4, 2016
- Latino Heritage Month: September 15th – October 15th
Thank you to all families, students, and staff who helped out at our first garden party of the year! We had tons of fun and got a lot of awesome work done too. We painted murals and garden beds with paint donated by Home Depot, planted over 100 plants donated by Annie's Annuals in Richmond, collected and saved seeds, weeded the garden, constructed a beautiful trellis tunnel, ate delicious Mexican food, and blended smoothies powered by a bicycle. It's amazing what our community can get done in a few hours!! Many thanks to everyone that came, and if you missed it we're excited to have you at the next one.
Love, Ms. Zia
September has had a great start at RCP!
- Sept. 15 – Oct. 15: Latino Heritage Month
- September 22: First SSC/Parent Meeting 5:00-6:00
- September 23: Assembly (led by 6th grade student leaders)
- September 24: Garden Volunteer Day 10-2 pm
- September 30: Free Dress Day
- October 7th: Parent Conferences; No class for students