October 2016 – Monthly Announcements
- Parent Teacher Conferences (No School): Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Parent/SSC Meeting: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 from 5-6 pm in the library.
- School Assembly: Friday, October 21, 2016 at 2:15 pm.
- Mix It Up: Monday, October 24, 2016.
- Multicultural Festival: DATE CHANGE: Friday November 4, 2016
- Latino Heritage Month: September 15th – October 15th
Thank you to all families, students, and staff who helped out at our first garden party of the year! We had tons of fun and got a lot of awesome work done too. We painted murals and garden beds with paint donated by Home Depot, planted over 100 plants donated by Annie's Annuals in Richmond, collected and saved seeds, weeded the garden, constructed a beautiful trellis tunnel, ate delicious Mexican food, and blended smoothies powered by a bicycle. It's amazing what our community can get done in a few hours!! Many thanks to everyone that came, and if you missed it we're excited to have you at the next one.
Love, Ms. Zia
September has had a great start at RCP!
- Sept. 15 – Oct. 15: Latino Heritage Month
- September 22: First SSC/Parent Meeting 5:00-6:00
- September 23: Assembly (led by 6th grade student leaders)
- September 24: Garden Volunteer Day 10-2 pm
- September 30: Free Dress Day
- October 7th: Parent Conferences; No class for students
June 2016 – Monthly Announcements
- School Festival: June 3, 2016 from 1 to 5 pm.
- Early dismissal for TK-1st grades at 1 pm.
- Last day of school for 6th grade: Tuesday, June 14, 2016
- Students have early dismissal after the graduation ceremony, which begins at 11 am.
- Last day of school for TK-5th grades: Wednesday, June 15, 2016
- TK – 1st grades: Students have early dismissal after the graduation ceremonies, which begin at 10 am in the classroom.
- 2nd – 5th grades: Students have early dismissal after the promotion ceremony, which begins at 11 am.
- Summer school: July 5 to July 22, for students entering 3rd , 4th , 5th and 6th Grades. More information coming soon!
Hello! Ms. Sarah here to let you know that on Saturday April 16th, Richmond College Prep held it's Annual Springtime Garden Work Party. It was a wonderful day of sunshine and participation from every corner of RCP and the larger community. The Trachtenberg Family who designed and built the Grandpa Allen Learning Garden were there to build and install the new garden entrance. Made of wire and tires, this lovely doorway invites all to come learn and explore, smell the flowers and taste the many organic vegetables grown by our students. At the same time, our teachers and students from Saturday School and many parent volunteers came with their kids to help. Both groups went crazy with the weeding and cleaning up of the thriving plants thanks to El Nino!