Ed Fund Announces 2017 Teaching Excellence Awardees
FOR IMMEDIATE USE: –
The five Ed Fund 2017 Teaching Excellence Awardees were announced Friday, February 3rd during surprise visits to the winners’ classrooms by administrators, colleagues, trustees, parents, and family members who presented them with banners and flowers in front of their students.
February 2017 – Monthly Announcements
- Black History Month Performance: Thursday, February 16th from 6:00- 7:00 pm at Nystrom Auditorium
- Winter Break: February 20th – 24th
- Friday Coffee Club: February 10th and 17th from 8:30 – 10:30 am
- Parent Group: Tuesday, February 9th from 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- SSC Meeting: Wednesday, February 15th from 5-6 pm in the library
- Parent Food Sale: Wednesday, February 15th from 3:00 – 4:00 pm
A todos los pardres de Pre-escolar y Kindergarten de Transición:
El sorteo de los espacios para el Kinder, será el 10 de enero del 2017 el la Biblioteca de la escuela a las 4:00 p.m. De acuerdo con el Depatrtamento de Educación del estado de California, y de acuerdo con la “RCP Charter Petición “ aprobada por el WCCUSD en julio 25, del 2005, todas la escuelas Charter deben hacer un sorteo, cuando hay mas estudiantes en pre-escolar y el kinder de transicion que lugares disponibles en el Kinder.
Todos los alumnos inscritos en el pre-escolar y Kindergarten de Transición son elegibles para participar en el sorteo.
- Los estudiantes que cumplan 5 años entre septiembre 2, y Diciembre 2, del 2017. Estos estudiantes, puede registrarse en el Transitional Kindergarten de RCP en enero del 2017.
- Los estudiantes que no regresarán a la escuela para el proximo año escolar 2017-2018.Nota: Los padres tienen que notificar a la escuela si el estudiante no regresrá a la escuela.
Por lo tanto, los estudiantes excluidos en la nota adjunta, tendran que participar en la loteria que sera el martes 10 de enero del 2017 a las 4:00 P.M.en la Biblioteca.
Ya que el espacio es limitado, se les pide por favor a los padres que limiten el numerio de personas para asistir a la loteria. Si usted no puede asistir el dia y la hora indicada, por favor mande un representante de 18 años o mayor.
Gracias, nos vemos el dia del sorteo!
Kindergarten Lottery for School Term 2017-18, Tuesday, January 10, 2017 in the Library
( This lottery is for RCP enrolled families only)
Dear Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten Parent(s):
In compliance with the California Department of Education, and in accordance to the RCP Charter Petition approved by the W.C.C.U.S.D. on July 25, 2005, every charter school must hold a lottery when there are more students in Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten than spaces are available in Kindergarten.
All currently enrolled Preschool and Transitional Kindergarten students are eligible for the Lottery. The only exceptions are as follows:
- Students who will turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2, 2017. These students will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten at RCP.
- Students whose parent(s) inform the school in writing before Jan. 6th that their student(s) will not be returning to RCP for the 2017-18 school year.
Therefore, students excluded from the narrative attached, will go to the random lottery that will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 10th at 4:00pm in the Library.
Space is limited so it would be appreciated if parents could limit the number attending the lottery. Good luck and thank you for your cooperation. If you are not able to attend the Tuesday, January 10, 2017 Lottery in the Library, please send a relative who is 18 years of age or older.
January 2017 – Monthly Announcements
- Staff Professional Development: No Students, January 3rd
- Students Return: January 4th
- Report Cards are sent home: January 13th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: No School, January 16th
- Literacy Night: January 18th
- Parent/SSC Meeting: Wednesday, January 25th from 5-6 pm in the library
RCP students in grades 4th-6th were invited to a one day Saturday Coding Class. Besides coding and math, Code Now staff added some interactive science activities to grow the interest of the students in STEM. The Physics experiment activity was a hit with the students. Attached are pictures of the physics activity.