About Richmond College Prep Schools:
We are a high-performing charter school in Richmond. We started with a preschool in 2004, and we now serve preschool students and students in TK through 8th grades. We’re currently looking for teachers who love middle school-age students and are eager to help our school leaders create an enriching, rigorous, and culturally responsive program for our middle school students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement lesson plans, and instructional activities in ELA and Social Studies aligned to the California Common Core State
- Standards and relevant to our students' cultures.
- Create a warm and age-appropriate classroom culture for middle school students fostering robust learning and solid social-emotional relationships.
- Evaluate middle school student's academic, behavioral, and socio-emotional growth, and keep appropriate and accurate records.
- Implement IEPs for students receiving Special Education services, and participate in Student Success Team meetings for students who need additional academic or behavioral support.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families. Hold conferences to discuss individual student progress.
- Collaborate with grade-level partners, other staff members, and the school administration to improve instructional practices and develop and implement data-driven plans to best support the needs of students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided by the school. Create individual professional growth goals and work to meet these goals throughout the school year.
- Collaborate with and support an instructional aide daily in the classroom.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Richmond College Prep.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must be excited about working with middle school age students
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Single-Subject teaching credential with English Language
- Learner (ELL) authorization
- Prior middle school classroom teaching experience is highly preferred
- Salary compensation is competitive with nearby districts
- A $2,000 signing bonus
- Health and Dental Coverage
- One hour of prep and one hour of lunch each day
- Each teacher has an Instructional Aide to support with daily instruction
- You will be a part of a nurturing school family