About Richmond College Prep Schools:
We are a high-performing charter school in Richmond. We started with a preschool in 2004, and we now serve preschool students and students in TK through 8th grades. We’re currently looking for teachers who love middle school-age students and who are eager to help our school leaders create an enriching, rigorous, and culturally responsive program for our middle school students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement lesson plans and instructional activities in all content areas aligned to the CA Common Core State Standards.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Implement IEPs for students receiving Special Education services, and participate in Student Success Team meetings for students who need additional academic or behavioral support.
- Evaluate students' academic, behavioral, and social-emotional growth and keep appropriate and accurate records.
- Create an effective environment for learning and hold all students accountable to the school community's high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families. Hold conferences to discuss individual student progress.
- Collaborate with a grade-level partner, other staff members, and the school administration to improve instructional practices and develop and implement data-driven plans to best support the needs of students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided by the school. Create individual professional growth goals and work to meet these goals throughout the school year.
- Collaborate with, support, and supervise an Instructional Assistant daily in the classroom.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Richmond College Prep.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Multiple Subjects teaching credential
- Prior elementary classroom teaching experience is preferred
- Salary compensation is competitive with nearby districts
- A $2,000 signing bonus
- Health and Dental Coverage
- One hour of prep and one hour of lunch each day
- Each teacher has an Instructional Aide to support with daily instruction
- You will be a part of a nurturing school family