About Richmond College Prep Schools:
Richmond College Prep (RCP) is a K-8 charter school serving children in Richmond and the surrounding neighborhoods. Our vision is to close the achievement gap by eliminating education inequalities in Richmond, Coronado, and Santa Fe neighborhoods. Academic excellence, strong moral character, and cultural enrichment are the core values of our school. RCP has ranked #1 in Richmond for many years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement lesson plans and instructional activities in all content areas aligned to the CA Common Core State Standards.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Implement IEPs for students receiving Special Education services, and participate in Student Success Team meetings for students who need additional academic or behavioral support.
- Evaluate students' academic, behavioral, and social‐emotional growth and keep appropriate and accurate records.
- Create an effective environment for learning and hold all students accountable to the school community's high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families. Hold conferences to discuss individual student progress.
- Collaborate with grade‐level partners, other staff members, and the school administration to improve instructional practices and develop and implement data‐driven plans to best support the needs of students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided by the school. Create professional growth goals and work to meet these goals throughout the school year.
- Collaborate with and support an instructional aide daily in the classroom.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Richmond College Prep.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Multiple Subjects teaching credentials with English Language Learner (ELL) authorization
- Prior elementary classroom teaching experience is preferred
- Salary compensation is competitive with nearby districts
- A $2,000 signing bonus
- Health and Dental Coverage
- One hour of prep and one hour of lunch each day
- Each teacher has an Instructional Aide to support with daily instruction
- You will be a part of a nurturing school family