Our school in Richmond is a charter institution that caters to children from preschool through to 8th grade. We are actively seeking educators who are passionate about middle school education and are committed to creating an enriching, rigorous, and culturally responsive program. Our teachers are provided with a daily hour of prep time and an instructional aide to assist them in their work. For more information about RCP, kindly visit our website (www.rcpschools.org).
You will report to our Director of Upper Elementary.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement lesson plans and instructional activities in all content areas aligned to the CA Common Core State Standards.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
- Implement IEPs for students receiving Special Education services, and participate in Student Success Team meetings for students who need additional academic or behavioral support.
- Evaluate students’ academic, behavioral, and social-emotional growth and keep appropriate and accurate records.
- Create an effective environment for learning and hold all students accountable to the school community’s high academic and behavioral expectations.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families. Hold conferences to discuss individual student progress.
- Collaborate with a grade-level partner, other staff members, and the school administration to improve instructional practices and develop and implement data-driven plans to best support the needs of students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided by the school. Create individual professional growth goals and work to meet these goals throughout the school year.
- Collaborate with, support, and supervise an Instructional Assistant daily in the classroom.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Richmond College Prep.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
What You Will Bring:
Our ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of relevant experience and the following credentials/skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Multiple Subjects teaching credential
- Prior elementary classroom teaching experience is preferred
- Classroom Management
Why You’ll Love Us:
Richmond College Prep (RCP) is a charter school focused on providing children in Richmond, Coronado, and Santa Fe neighborhoods with a high-quality education. Our mission is to close the achievement gap by promoting academic excellence, strong moral character, and cultural enrichment. Our school has consistently earned the #1 ranking in Richmond. The salary for this position ranges from $58,000 to $68,000 annually, and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
We prioritize diversity and inclusion in our workplace as well as our hiring practices. We are committed to employing people from various backgrounds with unique perspectives and experiences. We recognize that input from all voices informs innovation and strengthens our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.